Your privacy is critically important to us. At NewzApp, we take our obligations very seriously. We comply with these principles:
- Obtain and process information fairly.
- Keep it only for one or more specified, explicit and lawful purposes.
- Use and disclose it only in ways compatible with these purposes.
- Keep it safe and secure.
- Keep it accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- Ensure that it is adequate, relevant and not excessive.
- Retain it for no longer than is necessary for the purpose or purposes.
- Give a copy of his/her personal data to that individual, on request.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information (such as your name, email address, social media details, postal address and telephone number) that you provide by completing forms on the Site, including if you register as a subscriber or contributor to any service, upload or submit any material via the Site, request any information, or enter into any competition or promotion we may sponsor;
- In connection with an account sign-in facility, your log-in and password details;
- Details of any transactions made by you through the Site;
- Communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the Site or its content; and
- Information from surveys that we may, from time to time, run on the Site for research purposes, if you choose to respond to, or participate in, them. You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE ABOUT THIRD PARTIES
Where your content contains the images of others, we may ask you to provide us with the details of your relationship with those individuals. We will only use those details to provide a description of your content, for verification purposes, or otherwise pursuant to terms agreed with you. By providing this information to us, you agree to our use of such information for these purposes. When you upload the content, you warrant that you have permission from those individuals to appear in your video and for us to use their personal information in accordance with our agreement with you. You must not provide us with the details of anyone from whom you do not have such permission. We reserve the right to identify you as the person who has guaranteed that such individuals have given their permission.
NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
When you visit the Site, we may automatically collect additional information about you, such as the type of internet browser you use, any website from which you have come to the Site and your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer on the internet) which is automatically recognised by our web server. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on the Site and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use.
What are Cookies?
When you interact with the Site, we try to make that experience simple and meaningful. When you visit the Site, our web server sends a cookie to your computer. Cookies are small pieces of information, which are issued to your computer when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information about your use of the Site, including if you have used our Site before, from what country and what websites and/or website pages you have visited. For example, cookies are used to personalise web search engines and to store shopping lists of items a user has selected while browsing through a virtual shopping mall. A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the Site and will last for longer.
What information do we obtain through Cookies?
The information we obtain through cookies on our Site may include IP address, mobile device advertising ID, browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, logs on actions taken on our Site such as content on which you may click while browsing the Site, and dates and times you access or use the Site. In connection with our mobile apps, we may use similar automated means and also may obtain your phone number and details about your mobile carrier.
- remember that you have visited us before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive. This allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get;
- customise elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the Site;
- collect anonymous statistical information about how you use the Site (including how long you spend on the Site) and where you have come to the Site from, so that we can improve the Site and learn which parts of the Site are most popular with visitors; and
- to speed Site navigation and recognise your access rights on the Site.
In addition to cookies, tracking Gifs and web beacons may be set by us or third parties in respect of your use of the Site. Web beacons support the delivery of cookies and help determine the number of times a page on the Site has been viewed. Tracking Gifs are small image files within the content of the Site or the body of our newsletters so we or third parties can understand which parts of the Site are visited and whether particular content is of interest.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org, which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser. Please note, however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on the Site, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Site.
USES MADE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will use the information you provide to:
- deliver the Services and information to you offered through the Site or via the Services that you request;
- administer your account with us;
- audit the downloading of data from the Site;
- improve the layout and/or content of the pages of the Site and customise them for users;
- identify visitors to the Site;
- carry out research on our users’ demographics and tracking of sales data;
- de-identify Personal Data to provide third parties with aggregated data reports showing de-identified information;
- supplement your personal information collected from you with additional information from publicly and commercially available sources, and/or information from company affiliates and/or our business partners;
- perform data analytics;
- send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us about our products and services;
- allow us and our partners to contact you directly to carry out verification or other checks (for example, regarding future uses) with respect to the content you provide to us; and
- comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, including without limitation court orders and regulations, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies.
Where required by applicable law, we obtain your consent to use your Personal Data, including for marketing and advertising purposes. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
You can tell us not to contact you with information regarding our products and Services, either at the point such information is collected on the Site (by checking or un-checking (as directed) the relevant box), by discontinuing a particular Service or, where you do not wish us to continue to use your information in this way, by following the unsubscribe instructions on any communications sent to you. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us using the contacting us details at the end of this Policy.
We may disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to the Site, customers and sales in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, sponsors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
If you sign up to sell or licence a video to NewzApp, when we distribute your video to our partners, we will disclose your personal information to our partners in order for them to independently verify your video. This disclosure may include publicly available information such as but not limited to your name, Facebook profile information, Twitter profile information and location and may also include other information you have provided to us your such as your email address and phone number and location of where the content was captured. At the time you submit your video, you acknowledge that this disclosure will be made and by continuing to upload your details you agree to such disclosure.
We may also disclose your personal information to any of our affiliates, or to our agents or contractors who assist us in providing the services we offer through the Site, processing transactions, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analysing data, providing support services or in other tasks, from time to time. Our agents and contractors will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their functions.
Where you consent, we may share your information with NewzApp affiliated entities for use in accordance with this Policy.
In the event that NewzApp undergoes a re-organisation or it is sold to a third party, you agree that any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organised entity or third party.
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber-crime or to protect the Site or the rights, property or personal safety of any person.
We will provide links to third-party websites as part of the services we provide on this site. NewzApp is not responsible for the content of external websites, or for their privacy policies.
Protecting the safety of children when they use the Internet is very important to us. We do not knowingly collect information from minors without seeking parental or guardian consent. We recommend that children receive permission from their parent or guardian before gaining access to the Site or sending personal information to us or anyone else online. Where we become aware that content may have been uploaded by a minor, we will contact the uploader to seek further permissions before using the content further. If content provided by you contains children, you must seek parental or guardian consent to share the video with us. When you submit the video, you declare that you have such permissions.
For the purposes of transparency, procedure and your own and NewzApp’s protection from possible litigation, if you are in any doubt about the age and/or the permissions granted to you by a parent or a legal guardian to use the images of a minor – a person or persons under the age of 18 – in your video files, please download, complete, and keep safe the NewzApp Talent Release.
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the Privacy Policies or the content of such sites.
We place great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to personal information. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via the Site whilst it is in transit over the internet and any such submission is at your own risk. It is advisable to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
STORAGE OF YOUR INFORMATION.
Information that you submit via the Site is sent to and stored on secure servers located in [THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (USA) AND IN THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA (EEA)???]. Information submitted by you may also be transferred by us to our other offices and/or to the third parties mentioned in the circumstances described above (see Information sharing), which may be situated outside the EEA and may be processed by staff operating outside the EEA. The countries concerned may not have similar data protection laws to the US and EEA. Where we transfer your information, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected. By submitting information via the Site, you agree to this storing, processing and/or transfer.
When you complete our registration forms or use our services, we may transfer your information to affiliated processors but will do so with appropriate measures and controls in place to protect that information in accordance with applicable data protection legislation. When you give us information about another person, you confirm that they have appointed you to act for them and agreed to the transfer of their information abroad.
You have a legal right under the Data Protection Act [DATE IN HERE] as amended for [COUNTRY IN HERE] to a copy of all the personal information about you held by us. On request, we will provide you with a copy of this information subject to a fee not exceeding the permitted statutory maximum. You also have a right to correct any errors in that information. As mentioned above, you have a right to prevent the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
Director of Legal
NewzApp Media [PLC???]
ADDRESS TO BE ADVISED
SUBURB TO BE ADVISED
COUNTY/PROVINCE/REGION/POSTCODE TO BE ADVISED
COUNTRY TO BE ADVISED
Updated: September 2018.